Super simple sideSeptember 19, 2020
We love avocado in all forms and have been making these at least once a week. I toss in all sorts of different spices in this depending on what we’re having it with. The one below is what I used to go with a Mexican style burger. I’ve used basil like in the original recipe, tarragon, garlic powder and even horseradish. Anything you can think of works, although I do think having just a little salt helps bring out the flavor of the fruit.
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper ground
- ½ teaspoon cilantro dried
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the avocado into thin slices.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and add seasonings.
- Dip the cut avocado slices in the egg mixture and place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, turn slices over and bake 7 more.