Day Six: Meat and yogaJanuary 5, 2021
My back is still causing me some problems, and I am being very careful to let it heal fully before doing anything strenuous. I did however add some very low-impact, simple exercise to Keto for the first time. I’m doing a beginner yoga video to stretch my back a bit (is streamed on both Amazon and Netflix), coupled with 30 minutes using an ‘under-the-desk’ mini-cycle I picked up several months ago to use while working. Won’t be anything great, but better than nothing.
The meatloaf came out pretty good, but not great. I’m still going to work on tweaking it a bit to get better flavor out of it. The recipe below is slightly altered over what we had tonight. I’m going to keep adjusting until I’m satisfied with it. I’m used to using a lot of breadcrumbs allowing a lot more options of things I can put in without it falling apart. We had it with Cauliflower Mash (with fresh parsley added during the food processor part). I might try mixing in spinach next time too.
- 1 pounds ground buffalo
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese powdered
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup mustard spicy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Beat eggs together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix all in a large bowl until well blended.
- Shape into long loaf and put in foil lined pan.
- Mix together mustard and olive oil.
- Coat loaf with mustard mix.
- Bake at 425° 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325° and bake about 50 minutes longer or until an instant read thermometer reads between 140° and 150°.
- Let the meatloaf rest a few minutes before slicing.