Tuna salad with a twistDecember 3, 2020
I love, love, love tuna salad! My favorite tuna salad recipe calls for a lot of red onion. In an attempt to cut down the carbs, I went hunting for something different. This one is excellent, substituting radishes for the onion. Radishes have a really nice bite and are perfect in this. The original recipe calls for a lot more lemon juice than I added here. The mayonnaise I use already has a lot of flavor to it, so the lemon was over-whelming. If you are making homemade mayo, I'd up the lemon juice to taste.
Tangy Radish Tuna Salad
- 12 ounces tuna — 342g
- ½ cup mayonnaise homemade/paleo-friendly — 112g
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard spicy or dijon — 5g
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice — 5g
- 6 small radish minced — 100g
- 3 tablespoons celery minced — 50g
- 1 teaspoon parsley — 0.5g
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper — 1.8g
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon EVOO optional — 14g
- Combine all the ingredients. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.